Development Director – Full-time
The Great Lakes Chamber Orchestra (GLCO) is currently seeking a full-time Development Director to lead fund development in an expanding non-profit arts organization. The ideal person will be enthusiastic, extremely well organized, and passionate about the GLCO mission. The Director of Development’s primary role is to drive revenue growth by identifying connections and cultivating relationships, creating innovative campaigns to engage donors. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Development will work closely with the key leadership to develop and execute campaigns and special events aligned with GLCO’s mission, vision, and core values. The ability to move multiple projects forward, utilizing high-level strategic thinking and hands-on implementation is critical.
Reports to the Executive Director
- Develop and execute Great Lakes Chamber Orchestra’s annual fundraising plan.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations for programmatic, capital and operational need.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors while developing strategies to secure new financial support.
- Oversee organization’s fundraising and special events.
- Assist with the production and implementation of appeal campaigns and other fundraising communications and strategies.
- Work with Donor Perfect database. Design and run reports and assist with database maintenance.
- Assist in grant research, writing and tracking.
- Assist Executive Director as needed.
- Other duties upon request.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- An understanding of and belief in the mission of GLCO.
- 3–5-years non-profit fund development experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of communication principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience with data entry systems and reporting.
- Knowledge of social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook, and ability to use various databases. Experience with Donor Perfect and Constant Contact a plus.
- Available to work some evenings and weekends with advance notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience in business or non-profit or related field such as communications, public relations or marketing.
Judith Zorn, Executive Director
Great Lakes Chamber Orchestra
219 East Lake Street, Petoskey, MI 49770